If you own or operate a business, you understand the value of experienced and aggressive legal advice. The decisions you make regarding the many legal issues that arise will have a direct impact on your success and your bottom line. You want an attorney who has successfully advised and represented other businesses in similar situations.
At the Law Offices of The Salisbury Firm, P.C., our attorneys represent clients throughout the state of Wyoming. We have built our successful practice on a commitment to personal service. When you hire us to advise and represent you in business matters, you will work primarily with one of our attorneys. We work hard to establish long-term relationships with our clients and receive much of our new business as referrals from existing clients or other lawyers. Contact our office or call us at 307-274-4589 to arrange an appointment.
Our Business Practice
We represent businesses in a broad range of legal matters, including:
- Business formation. We work with individuals and businesses in the startup phase, helping you evaluate the different business forms available, including partnerships, limited liability companies (LLC), and corporations. We will carefully examine the tax and liability issues, as well as the requirements of the Wyoming business laws, to help you select the appropriate form. We will also prepare and file the necessary documents for incorporation or to set up any other legal entity.
- Business and commercial contracts. We will negotiate, review and draft any contracts required for the sale or purchase of goods and services, including vendor, customer and distributorship agreements. We will also prepare non-compete and employment contracts, as well as commercial leases.
- Employment issues. We represent employers in a range of employment issues, including disputes under Wyoming’s right to work laws, as well as claims for discrimination or sexual harassment in the workplace. We also defend employers in employment contract disputes.
- Mergers and acquisitions. We advise businesses that are considering expanding through the purchase of or merger with another commercial enterprise. We also handle the negotiation of acquisitions of real and personal property, as well as the preparation of documents to consecrate business transactions.
- Business litigation. We represent businesses in a wide range of disputes, including breach of contract, insurance and subrogation issues, employment disputes, shareholder or partnership controversies and personal injury. See our page on litigation to learn more.
- Creditor representation in bankruptcy filings. We protect the interests of creditors in Chapter 7, Chapter 13 and Chapter 11 filings.
Our firm works with corporations and other business entities of all kinds and sizes, including non-profit organizations, in some cases as general counsel and in others as transactional counsel. The firm advises clients on governance issues as well as compliance and transactional matters.
Our firm’s general counsel duties include a very broad array of legal subject areas. Business litigation is also conducted in all courts and administrative bodies in Wyoming.
To set up an appointment, contact us or call us at 307-274-4589. Our office is open from 8 am until 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and evenings and weekends upon special request. We accept Visa and MasterCard.