Experienced and Aggressive Lawyers
Since its formation in 1991, originally as Riske & Arnold, P.C., The Salisbury Firm, P.C. has built a strong reputation in the Cheyenne community and throughout Wyoming for efficient, responsive and successful representation of business, governmental and individual clients in a broad range of legal matters. We handle matters in all local, state and Federal courts – including the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. A client engaging our services can expect an honest and accurate appraisal of the matter and a recommendation for resolution in the most practical, direct and economically feasible manner. Contact our office or call us at 307-274-4589 to arrange an appointment.
At The Salisbury Firm, P.C., if we accept you as a client, you will receive personal attention from the attorneys and staff. We take the responsibility of handling your legal problems or needs seriously, we keep you advised of progress and options as matters progress and we will be responsive to your questions and comments.
At The Salisbury Firm, P.C., we are proud of our success and standing within the legal, professional, business and civic communities. We have achieved that reputation by providing fair, ethical and knowledgeable legal counsel and services to each client of the firm.
We work with individuals and businesses throughout Wyoming, handling matters involving:
- Litigation: We represent individuals and businesses as plaintiffs or defendants in a wide range of disputes including, real estate, business controversies, personal injury and insurance claims.
- Business issues: We represent small and large businesses, advising them regarding business formation; negotiating, reviewing and preparing business contracts; handling employment issues; and protecting the rights of creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Real estate: We represent buyers and sellers of residential and commercial property, as well as developers, real estate agents, title companies, property managers and financial institutions. We handle all aspects of a residential or commercial real estate transaction as well as real estate litigation.
- Oil & Gas Law: Our firm’s experience in oil and gas law includes leasing and royalty agreements; title issues, surface owner’s and seismographic agreements, mineral deeds and assignments, and environmental issues.
- Construction Law: Our firm has experience dealing in a wide variety of construction law matters. We have assisted clients with contract negotiation and drafting, contractual dispute litigation, filing, defending the filing and the foreclosure of construction liens, as well as state and federal bonding and Miller Act issues. We can also assist clients with litigation arising out of construction, including personal injuries, property damage, product liability, mortgages, liens, land use planning, zoning, arbitration and all issues which may arise between project planning and post-completion complaints.
- Appeals: Our firm handles appeals to the Wyoming Supreme Court, the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, and appeals of all types of state administrative bodies. The firm’s members are known for their appellate work, including handling appeals of cases tried by other lawyers.
- ADR: Our firm has represented parties in various forms of alternate dispute resolution, both in the context of active litigation and in efforts to avoid litigation. Formats with which the firm has experience include arbitration under formal rules of arbitration organizations, informal mediation and settlement conferences. In addition, members of the firm have served at the request of litigants as both arbitrators and mediators.
- Bankruptcy – Creditor’s Rights: Our firm represents creditors of all sorts in connection with business and consumer bankruptcy matters, loan collections and foreclosures.
- Employment Law: Our firm represents a wide variety of corporations with employees numbering from a handful to hundreds. To address our clients’ needs, we have developed a broad base of knowledge in employment law. We assist our clients at all stages of the employment process from pre-employment issues, such as employment contracts, employee handbooks and policies and at-will employment statements, to conditions of employment, including compensation, benefits, worker’s compensation and workplace safety; and post-employment issues which can include claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment and breach of employment contracts. Firm members have practiced before a variety of employment-related administrative agencies dealing with unemployment, workers’ compensation, OSHA, claims of discrimination, fair labor standards, as well as all courts in Wyoming.
- Administrative Law: Our firm has represented agencies and clients in matters involving all levels of administrative agencies, including federal, state and local agencies. Some of the matters involved include land use and development, taxation, environmental matters, professional licensing, insurance and banking. The scope of the work can include working with administrative agencies for planning and coordination and contested case hearings before administrative agencies and boards and appeals of agency orders to the state District and Supreme Courts.
- Real Estate Development Law: Our firm has assisted real estate developers in the platting, zoning and development processes including preparation of restrictive covenants, master deeds, road and maintenance agreements, water systems, open space agreements and easements.
- Appellate Practice: Our firm also manages an active appellate practice, including appeals of cases tried by members of the firm, those tried by other attorneys and consultations with other counsel with respect to appellate matters.
- Corporate Law and Business Organizations: Our firm works with corporations and other business entities of all kinds and sizes, including non-profit organizations, in some cases as general counsel and in others as transactional counsel. The firm advises clients on governance issues as well as compliance and transactional matters.
Our firm’s general counsel duties include a very broad array of legal subject areas. Business litigation is also conducted in all courts and administrative bodies in Wyoming.
To set up an appointment, contact us or call us at 307-274-4589. Our office is open from 8 am until 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and evenings and weekends upon special request. We accept Visa and MasterCard.